Peterborough Conington Airfield

Radio Frequency:


01487 834161



* Information not to be used for detailed flight planning - please check details with airfield or current chart

Originally built as RAF Glatton in 1942-3 by the 809th United States Army Corps of Engineers and housed B-17 Flying Fortress bombers of the 457th Bomb Group.

After World War II the field was passed to RAF Bomber Command but was mothballed in 1946. The intervening history is unclear, but by the mid 1970s there were portable cabins on site serving the airfield, and a dedicated building with control tower was built in 1995. In 2000 the flying club changed hands and was renamed Flying Club Conington.

Please PPR and keep clear of Sibson AD as parachuting takes place. Circuits at 1000 ft QFE. Hard runways offered. A restaurant is on site and open 7 days a week, with hot meals available. AVGAS and JET A1 on site. Please avoid flying over local villages. A/G Radio is 129.725

Photography (mostly) Neil Wilson

Copyright © The Light Aircraft Association 2021  -  Disclaimer/Copyright/GDPR Policy

Powered by Camelot Media Ltd